If your teen/adult is 18 years old or older, there is still time to enroll in the free American Dream program, but this program closes enrollment on
October 16, 2023 extended to November 1st! This program fully funds the Google IT Support credential, IBM Cyber Security Analyst, and others. See post for details.
New learners may register until
October 16, 2023 Extended to November 1, 2023
The American Dream Academy is a new tuition-free, six-month online learning program designed to help you gain the skills needed to pursue a great job or continue your education.
***New learners may register until October 16, 2023.***
Some of their certificates are worth ACE college credit (see the list below).
- Open to students living in all 50 states.
- There are no textbooks for these programs.
- Students must be 18 to enroll. (High school graduation is recommended but not required). If you have a teen that is in their final year of high school and has turned 18, they can begin immediately.
- Taught through the Coursera platform.
- Each program consists of multiple self-paced courses that must be completed to earn the certificate.
- Successful completion of the certificate results in college credit.
- Enrollment Link
Certificates to Choose From
IBM Cyber Security Analyst (10 credits)
Google Data Analytics (12 credits)
Google Project Management (9 credits)
Google UX Design (10 credits)
Google IT Support Certificate (15 credits)
Using ACE Credit Wisely
The certificates offered through The American Dream Academy are intended to stand alone as job training, but a number of colleges are happy to award college credit for these certificates. If your student intends on studying Information Technology for a degree, be sure to consider Excelsior University, Western Governors, and Thomas Edison State University- all accept these credits.**Program Ending April 30, 2024**
|What this means:You can continue working towards completion of your coursework until April 30, 2024, and all learners who complete the requirements by then will receive the credential.|
New learners may register until October 16, 2023.