Everything to help HS4CC parents generate a transcript perfectly, professionally, and with confidence.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Length? 1 page
- Titles? Keep them simple.
- Fonts and colors? Resist the urge.
- + and – grades? If you don’t mind extra math.
- To weigh or not to weigh? I recommend including both.
- GPA Calculator? My recommendation but any will do.
- 1 college course taken at a college with a grade = 1 high school credit.
- ACE pass/fail courses = 0.5 high school credit.
- CLEP exams: do not use the word “CLEP” on your transcript.
- AP course: identify as “AP” with College Board approval.
- Brand names shouldn’t appear on a high school transcript.
- Test scores (PSAT, SAT, ACT, CLT, AP, etc.) are usually omitted.
- Course Descriptions: only if requested, and in a separate document.
- Remember that the transcript is only one part of the college application!
- Know the difference between remedial, regular, honors, AP, or DE
- High school graduation requirements are not admissions requirements
There Are Many Ways We Can Help You
1. Ask your question in our Transcript Support Facebook group. (FREE) This is our preference for most questions so our volunteers can help others by answering your question. Our Facebook groups are free and open to everyone. Join Group
2. Email Jennifer Cook-DeRosa. (FREE) If your question has personal or private aspects to it that you prefer not to ask in the Facebook group, Jennifer is happy to answer your basic questions over email. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Build a HS4CC high school template in our mini-class. (FREE) We can teach you how to build the best template for holding high school and college credits on one page. Most “homeschool” templates have too much going on, and are too “creative.” Why waste your money subscribing to a transcript service that “kinda’ works when you can make a perfect transcript for free? This short 30-minute class will take you from a blank page to a complete template that can easily hold all your high school and college credits. The steps work with Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or Open Office. The class is available to anyone in our community 365 days per year at HS4CC Academy. Take the class
4. Learn the basics of GPA calculation in our mini-class. (FREE) You’ll get a quick rundown on whether to use a weighted or unweighted GPA, and how to use my favorite GPA calculator. Included are 2 printable GPA charts (weighted/unweighted) a blank template and 3 samples. Take the class
5. Recording Dual Enrollment on the Transcript mini-class. (FREE) This 1-hour course teaches you the best way to document graded college courses on a homeschool transcript. You’ll learn how to record the course titles, assign letter grades and credits, calculate weighted GPA, and cite the college properly in the footer. Includes lots of samples. Take the class
6. The Big Transcript Class. ($45) This class is frequently taught live over Zoom each semester, but is also available 365 days per year on demand as a self-paced course. This course covers “everything” you need to know about HS4CC transcripts! (outline follows) Take the class
- PART 1: Transcripts & Record Keeping
- What is a transcript? What is it not?
- Homeschool record keeping.
- Sending transcripts to the college.
- Where does a transcript come from?
- What to put on the transcript, and what to leave off.
- PART 2: Format & Grade Point Average
- Why unique transcripts make a poor impression.
- What goes in the header and footer.
- Weighted GPA/Honors GPA / College GPA / AP GPA
- Unweighted GPA.
- How to use a GPA calculator.
- PART 3: All the Credits
- What amount of work =1 high school credit? (5 methods)
- Why is dual enrollment recorded differently?
- When to use the 3:1 credit, ratio and when not to.
- Blending homeschool & college courses for credit.
- Converting dual enrollment into high school credit.
- When and how to round high school or college credits.
- Recording dual enrollment on a homeschool transcript.
- Recording CLEP courses & credits properly.
- Recording Advanced Placement properly.
- Other types of credit by exam (DSST,TECEP, ACTFL, Coopersmith)
- Properly recording ACE courses (Sophia, Studycom, Straighterline)
- Recording continuing education / adult education/MOOC courses.
- Recording remedial and repeated courses.
- PART 4: Course Titles, Descriptions, and Examples
- Writing course titles.
- Writing course descriptions.
- Case Studies.
- PART 5: Question & Answer Period (live version only)
- PART 6: Take home & Homework
- Template Building Mini-Course
- Blank Template
- Well-written Samples & Examples
- HS4CC Transcript Support Group
- Email support & follow-up
7. Hire one of our experts immediately. ($80) If you have an urgent need or want your transcript written FOR YOU for any reason, we can usually do this for you in under 48 hours. Reach out to Jennifer directly to discuss. email@example.com